Thursday, May 28, 2009

DIERKS SINGS BLUE CLEAR SKY ON STRAIT TRIBUTE

Dierks Bentley performed on the George Strait Artist of the Decade television special, which aired on CBS last night. The event was filmed live on April 6 in Vegas. According to CMT News, prior to singing "Blue Clear Sky," Dierks briefly went off script to recall his first major tour as Strait's opening act.

"In 2005, I was playing in this building, opening up for George Strait," Bentley said. "A girl called me that I had known since I was 13 years old. She said she wanted to come out to the show. We had tried dating a couple of times, but I kind of figured it wasn't going to work out because I was chasing this dream down in Nashville. She came out to the show, and you talk about 'out of the blue clear sky' -- 'One day you're giving up the dream/And the next you're picking out a ring.' We eloped down to Mexico that same year. So I owe George and Norma a lot for giving me my life, and I love my life. I really appreciate it, and you are my blueprint for what we aspire to be."
None of that dialogue made the television version. But Dierks did manage to show everyone his great sense of humor by giving George, uh, I mean Norma Strait a CD he just happened to have in his back pocket! See Dierks' performance below.

3 comments:

  1. What a great intro! Dierks is a natural talking on stage. That was a really funny intro! Dierks tried to get George to do a duet with him on Domestic Light & Cold but it never happened. That was one of the "stalking" episodes. He looked really good - hair was perfect - look was really relaxed country. As far as the performance - not exciting. VALERIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the story behind why he chose the song....cause of his wife & he loves his life awwwwwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing and hearing Dierks. It was a good show. So, c'mon, George, record one of Dierks' song already!

    ReplyDelete