Two of Dierks Bentley's team members are nominated for the CMA Standing Room Only (SRO) Awards!
The SRO Awards were originally created by the CMA Board of Directors in 1990 to honor outstanding professional achievement within the touring industry.
Final ballots have been sent to the more than 11,000 CMA members to vote on who they want to honor as the best of the best in over a dozen categories, including Dierks' publicist, Mary Hilliard Harrington (The Green Room PR), who is up for Publicist of the Year, and Old Goldie's driver of a million miles, Ken Lyons (Coach/Truck Driver of the Year).
In March, Mary was honored as one of five inaugural "Rising Women on the Row" by MusicRow, in honor of her substantial contributions to the Nashville music industry. She also represents Lady A, Jason Aldean, and Will Hoge to name a few.
Some of the CMA’s SRO Awards 2012 Final Nominees are below--see our picks! Unfortunately only three in each category made the cut! We're thinking there are a few nominees missing, so we we added them!
Coach/Truck Driver of the Year
- Ken Lyons (Dierks Bentley) *our pick!
- Herschel Shelton (Eric Church)
- John Stalder (Kenny Chesney)
- Ryan Hodge (Eric Church)
- Aaron Swetland (Jason Aldean)
- Mike Swinford (UpLate Design, Inc.)
- Chris Reade (*our pick, but sadly not nominated!)
- Mary Hilliard Harrington (The Green Room PR) *our pick!
- Marilyn Laverty (Shore Fire Media)
- Ebie McFarland (Essential Broadcast Media, LLC)
- Todd Bunch (Eric Church)
- David Farmer (Kenny Chesney)
- David Milam (Toby Keith)
- Tom Addison or Chris Alderman (pre 2/12) *our picks, but not nominated!
- Nick Hoffman (Kenny Chesney)
- Myron Howell (Jake Owen)
- Driver Williams (Eric Church)
- Dan Hochhalter, Tim Sergent, Cassady Feasby, Brian Layson, Steve Misamore -
all deserving, but none of them got nods! :(
- Alabama Theater (North Myrtle Beach, S.C.)
- Bridgestone Arena (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Ryman Auditorium (Nashville, Tenn.) *our pick!
Dierks' "Home" show in Feb. should seal the deal!
And where is the category for Stage Manager? Jay Ballinger should be nominated!