Saturday, April 14, 2018
Title Track and "The Mountain" Tracklist Revealed
On April 12, those who follow Dierks Bentley's social media channels were given some very important news we've all been waiting for: The Mountain album will be released June 8!
That same day, those who pre-ordered The Mountain were notified of an extra special surprise: a downloadable title track!
Oh, it's an amazing week for Dierks fans, isn't it?
After we set up yet another Dierks countdown timer on our phones (54 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes as of the writing of this blog), we can now see what's been hinted at over the last few weeks. All song titles are available (and we have clips of many of them!).
As stated by Dierks' PR team, "Reaching a new creative high, Bentley co-wrote 10 of the 13 new tracks that are unified by themes of presence and positivity, and range in style from textured rock to acoustic folk, feeling both rooted and expansive at the same time."
Can I get a "Woman, Amen!"?
Here's what we know (click on the links for info about the songs):
1. Burning Man (possibly written by Josh Osborne, Jeff Silver, ?)
2. The Mountain (written by Ross Copperman, Paul Moak)
3. Living (written by Dierks Bentley, Ross Copperman, Jon Nite, Ashley Gorley)
4. Woman, Amen (written by Dierk Bentley, Ross Copperman, Josh Kear)
5. You Can't Bring Me Down (written by Dierks Bentley, Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsay)
6. Nothing On But The Stars (written by Dierks Bentley Ross Copperman, Jon Nite, Jon Randall)
7. Goodbye In Telluride (written by Dierks Bentley, Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley, Travis Hill)
8. My Religion (written by ?)
9. One Way (written by ?)
10. Son Of The Sun (written by Dierks Bentley, Ross Copperman, Jon Nite, Jon Randall)
11. Stranger To Myself (written by Dierks Bentley, Ross Copperman, Heather Morgan)
12. Travelin' Light (feat. Brandi Carlile) (written by Dierks Bentley, Ashley Gorley, Jon Nite)
13. How I'm Going Out (written by Jessi Alexander, Jon Randall--a fun bit of trivia: Jessi and Jon are married!)
Collaborations on this album include songs with Brothers Osborne, Brandi Carlile, and world-renowned bluegrass musicians Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas and Tim O’Brien.
When reflecting on the tracks of this album, Dierks said, “For me it’s the best of both worlds, and it feels like something new. It’s powerful but also happy, with acoustic sensibility mixed in with the big sounds I like to have for the road. They are the songs I’d play for somebody to say, ‘This is who I am right now.’"
We'll take all the sneak peeks we can get until this album is released.
With "Woman, Amen" climbing the charts and flooding the airwaves, and now "The Mountain" available through major music services (and on repeat on our devices!), our Dierks playlists have gotten that much better, with the promise of mountain-sized talent to come.
DB Congress Chart Reporter
DB Congress Rep, WA