Saturday, September 7, 2013

Feature DB Congress Rep of the Week: Greg Birkmann, Missouri


Our newest DB Congress rep, Greg Birkmann, has been a Dierks Bentley fan since "What Was I Thinkin'," and recently emailed us to see what the congress thing is all about, wondering if it would be for him.  Apparently it is, because he joined the congress, representing Missouri, and agreed to tell his Dierks story below!


"I've always been a fan of Dierks' music, since "What Was I Thinkin'".  I like how he keeps the traditional sound of country, and throws in a bluegrass sound combined with his own rowdy style.
 
I have to admit, although I've always really liked his music, I didn't really get to know him as a person until last summer when his dad passed away.  I began reading about his passing online, and before I knew it, I was watching every DBTV episode, past interviews, and was really impressed by how much he interacts and involves his fans in his work.  Being a huge fan of country music, and an amateur guitar player & vocalist, I grew great admiration for Dierks.
 
I wanted his autograph, and soon learned about the Congress group and presale offers along with meet & greets, so I joined the fan club.  To my surprise, I was accepted the first time I submitted a request for a meet & greet, and got to meet him last June in Columbia, MO. 
 
I was in a group of 9 people for the M&G, and when he walked in the room, he looked right at me and said, "A few familiar faces."  I didn't really know what that meant at the time, but when I talked to him one on one, he said, "We've met before, haven't we?"  I said no, and then he looked at me and said, "We have the same haircut."  I thanked him for making it cool!
 
I left the M&G thinking he was about the most sincere artist towards his fans I've ever known.  We recently all found out how sincere he is to his home state, along with mankind, with the "Country Cares" event.  I'm now a die hard Dierks fan, and as weird as it sounds, I think of him as a buddy or bro!
 
I'm happy to help promote Dierks by doing what I can.  I look forward to helping team Dierks!"
 
 
Thanks, Greg! Welcome to the DBC family! Be sure to check out the Campaigns!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment