Sunday, January 31, 2010

DIERKS AND PATTY'S BEAUTIFUL WORLD, GRAMMY NOD, BUT NO WIN

Dierks Bentley and Patty Griffin were nominated for a Grammy for Best Country Collaboration With Vocals for their awesome harmonies in Beautiful World. But the competition was tough.

Photo credit: Steve Granitz / WireImage.com Dierks Bentley arrives at the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards on Jan. 31 at Staples Center in Los Angeles

The category was part of the pre-telecast show on Grammy.com instead of in the primetime evening televised show. About an hour before the nominees were read, Dierks posted on FaceBook/Twitter:

@DierksBentley at the Grammys! fingers crossed. #fb

That caused a flood of fans replying with their good luck wishes, but all to no avail.

The award was to recognize the best collaborative performance, with vocals, by artists who do not normally perform together. Singles or Tracks only.

The Grammy Winner was Carrie Underwood & Randy Travis for I Told You So. And they were not even there to accepte the award! And, I believe the recorded version was not so much a "collaboration" as a studio stunt, dubbing their two voices together.

The other nominees included Down The Road (Kenny Chesney & Mac McAnally), Start A Band (Brad Paisley & Keith Urban), and Everything But Quits (Lee Ann Womack & George Strait). Some heavy hitters against Dierks' everday struggle to be recognized with the cream of the crop group.

Although I am very disappointed, I am very proud of our DB Congress president. This song will stand the test of time and become a classic! I know we'll press on because there's so much to live for and so much to love in this beautiful world! Say what you will, but I still believe it's a beautiful world and Dierks will be nominated for many for Grammys for years to come! And I know he will win, eventually!

Ronna
DB Congress Chair

4 comments:

  1. I agree. Kind of crappy that the winner was a song that didn't even start out as a collaboration, but only became one later after the song was released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have been as disappointed if Brad and Keith had won because I love Start A Band. But ALL the other competitors were absolute crap. Carrie Underwood sounds like a cat being strangled on that track. Bloody awful. And I didn't know what Stephanie said about the track and that just compounds things. Thanks for the article as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Nid! I cannot take Carrie's singing, on that song especially. I think of all the songs nominated, Dierks' song was the best and I am upset. I think this song should have been the winner obviously, but of course whenever you see Carrie or Taylor's name in the group, forget about everyone else, no matter how much better the rest might be, those two win everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you all. I mean, really, ...come on!

    ReplyDelete