Friday, January 29, 2010

HULLABALOU FEST ADDS DIERKS


What's all the hoopla about? Dierks Bentley will perform at HullabaLOU Music Festival at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky on July 23.

Designed to be an annual event, the HullabaLOU Music Festival features a wide range of artists that blend the sounds of classic rock, country, adult contemporary and Bluegrass on five stages throughout Churchill Downs' sprawling 147-acre facility.

Sounds like a perfect place for Dierks to pitch his new bluegrass songs from his upcoming album! The Friday night line up also boasts Sam Bush, one of Bentley's idols and co-performer from Bonaroo a few years ago. Other country artists include hot newcomers Gloriana and legendary rockers The Doobie Brothers and Bon Jovi.

I know our Kentucky DB Congress reps are going to have a hard time passing up seeing Bentley in their back-yard!

The inaugural three-day music festival, scheduled for July 23-25 at the home of the world-famous Kentucky Derby, will showcase more than 65 bands on five stages with Kenny Chesney (July 24) and Dave Matthews Band (July 25) serving as the headline acts for Saturday and Sunday.

Check out hullabaloufest.com for all the details and tickets.

3 comments:

  1. I really want to go to this, but it's just too soon after my move from England to Virginia. Though, I've already got a concert call coming, so that's something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go soooo bad!!! Dierks is opening for Bon Jovi!!!!!!! Ummmmm...HELLO....Is that a concert made specifically with me in mind or what??? My 2 favs in the whole world!!!! I've got a concert call coming from that too:) Lucky for us Nid we have a great friend in David!! Although he would have been a better friend had he bought me a ticket to go with him...HAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding David! I am jealous though dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, and thanks for the kind words Alicia and Nid! Yeah, I'm really exited for this show. Got my 8th row ticket last week. I can't wait to fly the DBC Banner in the Churchill Downs parking lot!

    ReplyDelete