Friday, September 30, 2011

Dierks Bentley's New Album To Be Titled "Home"


According to Bill Dean of the Gainesville Sun, Dierks Bentley's new album will be titled, "Home," named after the patriotic single just released  Monday of this week.  We've been hearing it was to be called, "Diamonds,"  but Dierks said in late August there was no title yet, so I guess we will all find out for sure when the album comes out in February.

"To follow up such a special album [Up On The Ridge], Bentley says he is taking his time on the followup recording, which is slated for release in February 2012 and will be called “Home” after the album's title track."
We spend a lot of time on the road, and every one of those little small towns feels like home one way or another because we've been there before, so I think the title kind of works for the album. And it is like coming back to country music, coming home.

Coming after this bluegrass record, I really needed to reconnect and figure out what I wanted to do with my next record,” Bentley says. “I've been writing some stuff for over a year, and the album doesn't come out until February.

I'm still writing to see if there's anything else that might be left from this batch of inspiration and creativity. So we'll see.
Dierks is performing in Gainesville tonight at the University of Florida's O'Connel Center, and I'll be DRT-ing (Dierks Road Trip), from Tampa to get there as soon as I can.  'Cause when a DBC rep wants to see her favorite artist, there ain't no way of gettin' there too fast!


~Ronna
DBC Chair
Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment