Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sadler Happy to Introduce Dierks Bentley in Richmond


Country superstar Dierks Bentley and NASCAR driver Elliott Sadler have a lot in common.  In any given weekend, they experience a lot of the same type activities.  There's sponsor appearances, autograph sessions, team meetings, media interviews and not to mention all of the on-stage/on-track performances.

But they take their down time very seriously.

The first time I saw Dierks and Elliott in the same room was at Wild Bill's in Atlanta.  It was March 2009, and Kasey Kahne was doing a benefit and Dierks was performing!  Elliot was there, too.



Bentley is no stranger to NASCAR either.  Earlier this year, he did a special version of his number one hit, Sideways for FOX Sports TV that started every race broadcast.  Dierks will perform at the Richmond International Raceway tomorrow night.

Sadler is happy about that!

"This week we head to what I consider my home track: Richmond. Like Bristol, Richmond is a track that I grew up going to with my family, so it's a special experience to go back and race there competitively. It's always important for me to do well, but there's always added pressure when your family is in the stands. I have family members that to this day still have reserved seats by the start/finish line there.


I do sometimes have the opportunity to have fun in my down time. In Richmond I will have the opportunity to introduce Dierks Bentley in a concert at the track. I love country music, so I think it should be a lot of fun!"

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment