Monday, March 22, 2010

DIERKS BENTLEY RADIO SHOW #2

Dierks Bentley continued his one hour Monday radio show, The Thread, on WSM AM 650 today, starting out his second week with "Country Road," his rockin' version of the Barbara Mandrell classic. The theme this week is Lower Broadway (Nashville, Tennessee) and BR549, circa 1995-1997, when Dierks first moved to town.
"I was wandering around Lower Broadway at 19, and hearing all these guys truly influenced me. BR549...one of the great bands...got their start on Lower Broadway like so many of us did, I was in the crowd myself, absorbing all that great music."
Partial play list:

~BR549, The Honky Tonk Song
~Merle Haggard, Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down
~Faron Young, Live Fast, Love Hard, Die Young
~Ray Price, Heartaches By The Numbers
~Hank Snow, I'm Moving On
~Hank William, Honky Tonk Blues
~Johnny Paycheck, A-11
~George Jones, White Lightning
~Jamie Hartford, Somebody Gonna Pay
~Webb Pierce, There Stands The Glass
~Gene Watson, Fourteen Carat Mind

Dierks says he's "having a blast hosting this show, on the air castle of the south," and weaved in some terrific trivia about the great singers that influenced him during the mid 90's on Lower Broadway.

~The Louvin Brothers, Cash on the Barrelhead. "Loved that song...sang it a bunch of times when I put together my own band," remembers Dierks. "They're one of my favorite bands."

~Marty Robbins, Singing The Blues. Dierks told us Marty was from Arizona (same as Dierks), and knowing a guy had made it in Nashville who also came from Arizona gave him faith.
"Reminiscing helps me move forward in the music that I'm making...been in the studio a bunch recently working on a new country/bluegrassy kind of thing I think you guys are gonna dig and we'll get that out to you as soon as possible, maybe even play a few tracks on our new show here."
You can hear and download The Thread from the Audio/Video section on dierksfans.com.

Be sure to tune in again next Monday, to hear Dierks and part two to the whole Lower Broadway discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment