Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dierks Bentley: A Man Possessed

Dierks Bentley plays Clear Lake, Iowa tonight, then continues his Jagermeister Country Tour in the midwest next week, with Wednesday's Salina, KS.  The Salina Journal posted this story:

"Don't be scared, but each time country singer Dierks Bentley goes on stage he becomes possessed.


"The rest of the day I'm pretty low-key, but once on stage I feed off the energy of the crowd," he said. "I get possessed. I can't believe I'm the same person at all."

Bentley's high-energy shows and radio-friendly songs have made him one of the more popular performers in country music.

Bentley, 35, is headlining the 2011 Jagermeister Country Tour, along with rising country stars Miss Willie Brown and Josh Thompson. They will perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Salina Bicentennial Center.

When people think of Jagermeister, a high-grade German liqueur, they think of partying, Bentley said.

"I'm here to fulfill that expectation," he said. "I want people to lose their voices from screaming and yelling."

Read the rest of the story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment