Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ready "2" Top the Charts

Well, fellow Dierks fans, this is the week we've been waiting for. The week we push "Am I the Only One" to NUMBER ONE!

On the current charts, "Am I the Only One" is #2 on both Mediabase and Billboard. On Billboard, it currently holds about a 1.5 million audience lead over "Remind Me" from Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood. Though "Remind Me" is gaining at a slightly faster rate than "AITOO," Dierks should have enough of a jump to carry him to #1 by the time the chart runs on Sunday. 

On Mediabase, it's a similar story. Dierks held a 615-point advantage over "Remind Me" when the chart ran on Sunday, and his advantage has been increasing ever-so-slightly each day so far this week. Hopefully, he'll be able to hold off Brad and Carrie through Sunday to snag his 8th #1 hit! 

My Twitter feed has been FULL of tweets from dedicated DBC reps tweeting their local radio stations to play the song - keep it up! I got a shoutout from my fave DJ last night because I tweeted how much I loved my "AITOO" car dance as he played it. With Dierks doing a round of radio interviews this week, it's a great chance to contact your local stations any way you can to tell them to PLAY MORE DIERKS! 

Unfortunately, I'll be taking inventory at work on Monday when the charts publish (the timing could NOT be more worse), but I should know about Mediabase on Sunday evening - I'll keep you all posted! 

C'mon, c'mon get your NUMBER ONE on! 

EDIT: This is what I woke up to! Just have to keep it there through Sunday!
Yay! Congrats to our Prez, and thanks to all of you who requested and drove your DJs crazy!

~ Carrie S. (DBC Rep/Chart Reporter ~ NC)

1 comment:

  1. Our DJ/line dance guy played it TWICE today during his show!

    ReplyDelete