Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TWO NEW ALBUMS IN 2010 FROM DIERKS

Can I just say I am envious that theboot.com always seems to get the official scoop about Dierks before his fan club (or db congress) hears about it! Hmmmmm??!! Oh, well, it's all good news. D told DB Congress reps at various M&Gs over the last several months that he was 'thinking' of doing a bluegrass album and playing the small bars in the spring and headlining next fall, but according to theboot.com, it sounds like all that is a done deal, and a second album of new country tunes in 2010 to boot!

Here are just few DB quotes from the article:

"I've been looking forward to wrapping the tour we were on with Brad [Paisley], because I've been itching to come off the road and work on some new music. The tour has been a blast but now I look forward to getting in the studio."



"Nashville is my hometown; I've been here 15 years, so I know a bunch of the grassers, a lot of the country guys, a lot of songwriters and musicians. Every album I've done has a bluegrass song on it, so it's not a surprise that one day I might make a bluegrass record. It would be a cool thing for me."



"...Every night I walk off stage feeling pumped, knowing that we reached that place with crowd. I love that, but I want to take time to make two records, two great records. Then we'll get back on the road in late spring."

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Can't wait to hear them. Everything he does turns out awesome!

    Lovedierks1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWO albums! HURRAY! I can't wait. Now 2010 is looking to be a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be looking forward to 2010 and more great music from Dierks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good to me!
    -Carrie W.
    SC Rep

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even the folks at The9513.com approve of the Bluegrass album and are looking forward to it! YAY! :)

    Dierks is on his way for great stuff! So awesome, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete