Thursday, February 11, 2010

YOU'RE NEVER TOO YOUNG--OR OLD TO BE A DIERKS FAN!

Granny Ann has been a Dierks Bentley fan since...well, seems like forever. She was the first DB Fan Club Member to reach out to me as a newbie in 2005, and we've been friends ever since. She's the one who prompted me to start a thread three years ago on dierks.com to rally Fan-clubbers to help Long Trip Alone move up the video countdown charts...and that's when I thought, "It's gonna take an act of congress!" That and watching Dierks' 2006 interview saying his Fan Club was like his congress.

Ann convinced her whole family to be a DB fan, including her grandson, Grayson. Here is a video of Grayson singing Sideways. "I just thought it was so cute and so natural of two little children enjoying Dierks' music," says Ann. Grayson is only 3 and Skyler is 4.

Ann took Grayson to his first Dierks Bentley concert in Atlanta, Georgia in August 2009 at The Tabernacle. "He didn't fall asleep until about half through the show. I've never seen anyone so amazed at a concert like he was," Ann admits. "Grayson reminds me of the little boy in Randy Houser's video, "Boots On" because he is always singing in his car seat. He loves Zac Brown, "Chicken Fried", Billy Currington, "God is great, beer is good and people are crazy" and so many more songs. He's just like his grandmother, he just loves country music."



Granny Ann is one of the original DB Congress dozen, proudly representing Alabama.

Ronna
DBC Chair

3 comments:

  1. LOL Too cute!! I'm sure Granny Ann is proud of her future stars.
    I have a special place in my heart for Granny Ann. When I first joined the fan club a few years ago she was the one who sent me a message and invited me to "join the DBC". So for that I say "Thanks Ann". Just look what you have created in me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO cute! Grayson is very good, and he shares the microphone, too! He does "Sideways" proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will always be a big fan of Dierks Bentley.

    ReplyDelete