Wednesday, December 23, 2009

CMT NAMES "DIERKS BENTLEY" IN TOP 12 ALBUMS OF THE DECADE

CMT writer, Craig Shelburne, shared a dozen of his favorite country albums from the 2000s.

"Out of the hundreds of country albums I listened to over the course of a decade, here are a dozen I'm keeping, ranked in alphabetical order by artist:

Dierks Bentley (2003) -- Even though this contemporary effort established him on the charts, the music here blends old-school country and new territory quite well. That rollicking lick at the beginning of "What Was I Thinkin'" set him well on his way."

I have to agree. I love Dierks and everything he sings, and every album he's put out, but his self-titled album has yet to be surpassed in my opinion. What do you think? Leave a comment!

Check out the other eleven (if you must) here.

~Ronna

No comments:

Post a Comment