Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dierks in Dallas, A Fan's DB Memories


Almost a year ago, DBC Texas rep, Josette won her second Meet and Greet with Dierks Bentley. It was Sept. 12, 2009 at the Superpages.com in Dallas, Texas. When asked how she got hooked on Dierks, she replied, "I remember seeing his video on CMT for “What was I Thinkin” and I was hooked from that moment on."

Josette continues to describe her first time meeting Dierks: "I met him when Cass was pregnant with Evie and I was getting autographs for my 2 little girls so he had all kinds of questions. He wanted to know what it was like to have 2 girls, if Chloe my oldest loved having a little sister, etc. We stood and talked for a few minutes. He is such a great guy, very down to earth."

Apparently, her feeling for DB runs in the family. "My oldest has had the privilege of meeting him twice and she just loves him. It is so hard to choose a favorite song or album because they are all so great. The song that hits me hard is “Beautiful World.” I chose that song to play during my grandmother’s slideshow at her funeral--it just seemed to fit her and her life. It brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it. Dierks told me he felt honored that I would have chosen his song to play and that he was sorry for my loss. I could go on and on about him and his music. Sorry if I rambled a little."

"Dierks is always so nice and easy to talk to," Josette admits.

That's the same sentiment I have heard from countless DB fans. Have you experienced a Meet and Greet or chance meeting with Dierks? Would you like to share your experience and be featured on DB Congress.com? Just send me an email at Ronna@dbcongress.com for possible posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment