Thursday, July 23, 2009

IWMYCYE MAKES AN EARLY SPLASH AT RADIO

Dierks Bentley's next single "I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes" doesn't officially hit radio for adds until this Monday, July 27, but so far 38 stations have picked up the song for airplay, and many Dierks fans and Congress members have mentioned hearing it on the radio at least once this week! How exciting!

Some of the cities that have picked it up include Baltimore; Tampa; Houston; Salt Lake City; Boise (who I believe was first!); Detroit; Atlantic City; Buffalo; Lafayette, LA; Fayetteville, AR; Ft. Collins, CO; Portland, OR; Dothan, AL; Spokane, WA; and Evansville, IN. If you're a DB Congress Rep in one of these areas, please e-mail the station's Music or Program Director to thank them for being among the first to play Dierks' newest song!

Let's all take the weekend to "regroup" between singles and get ready to take IWMYCYE to the top of the charts! Monday is the big day, and I'll be sure to keep you all updated on the adds and when it hits the chart.

See you guys on Yes.com!

~ Carrie S. (DBC Rep/Chart Reporter - NC)

4 comments:

  1. I heard it on my local station in Ohio. I was truely happy to hear it early. I guess it's time to make another number one for our Pres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes.com had an IWMYCYE bombardment last night with about 20 stations scrolling by so fast that I couldn't keep up. Didn't think the syndicated shows started until midnight, but this was before 12.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard it on my station in Dothan,AL-so exciting that they already have it to play.
    E-mailing my fav DJ (who is also a Dierks fan) to request it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, that's awesome. I'm bummed I wasn't able to be online last night to see that.

    The stations won't show up as "adds" unless it's played twice, so hopefully those stations will play it again today!

    ReplyDelete