Monday, August 17, 2009

BENTLEY HAS BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

There's nothing better than experiencing Dierks Bentley live--in concert. But I'm being selfish. While he was on stage entertaining all his fans, he missed his baby girl Evie's first steps! That makes me sad for him. It's a bitter sweet feeling, but Dierks feels he has the best of both worlds anyway. Read the whole story at GACTV.com and on The Boot.

======================================================
August 17, 2009 - Balancing out a busy career life, being a husband and a father is a challenge for most men these days. But add to that a schedule that puts you on the road and away from your family more often than not, and that balancing act gets even tougher. But for Dierks Bentley and Keith Urban it's a labor of love.

Dierks recently talked to AOL's The Boot about missing his daughter Evie's first steps last week. "Yeah, wouldn't you know I'd miss it? She took four steps. She has this rope and she was holding onto it and walking."

Life has definitely changed for the Dierks since getting married and with the birth of his first child. "I used to have a crash pad in this old house boat that I owned, and it was damp and cold, had spiders. It was lonesome." Dierks adds, "The fans go back to their lives, and I go back to my bunk where I can close the curtain and read or watch TV."

But now that Dierks has a family at home, he has a lot more to look forward to when he heads off the road. "When I head back to Nashville, it's really great to have a real life here with my family and friends. And certainly as a songwriter, I'm growing and trying to continue to find things to write about. it's great to have these life experiences, go around in different circles than I did a few years ago. I have more than I deserve - I have the best of both worlds, and it really is a great life."

No comments:

Post a Comment