Tuesday, August 11, 2009

IWMYCYE: SLOW BURNER?

Well, Congress, I wish I had more concrete (and better) news to report.

Based on audience, it looks as though I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes will be at #40 on this week's Hot Country Singles chart on Billboard. According to Mediabase and Country Aircheck, it's at #41 based on airplay only.

I'm starting to suspect this single is going to be a long, slow burner on it's way up the charts. It's on 95 of 226 country stations -- clearly there is room for improvement. I think there might be some oversaturation of the market as far as slow-tempo songs go: Chris Young and Keith Urban, to name a couple, have just released slower songs as well.

So what can we do? Same things we always do. Call and/or email your radio stations. Follow the DJs on Twitter or Facebook if you can. Post on the stations website if you can. Go on Yes.com to say that "Yes, you want to hear the latest from Dierks Bentley!" I think it's time to ramp up our efforts!

EDIT: I woke up this morning to find that it's gone from 95 stations to 112. That's 17 new stations in a day. Hopefully the airplay numbers will start to jump this week! Yay!

~ Carrie S. (DBC Rep/Chart Reporter from NC)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure he'll make a video like CALC for it and that'll shoot the song to the top of the charts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A video for this song would be nice.... I think this song will make it to #1, even if it gets there slowly, we'll keep pushing it and once people hear it, they will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we gotta move it peoples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited...heard it on Sirius and finally on US99 (Chicago)!!! Time to hit Yes.com!!!

    ReplyDelete