Tuesday, August 25, 2009

DIERKS SINGS FOR FREE


When Dierks Bentley was headlining back in 2007 and early 2008, he tried out a song at a few shows called, "I Sing For Free." Some of you may have heard him perform this. As far as I know, it has not been recorded--until now!

Now don't get too excited, Dierks didn't record it, but Brad did! Brad Cotter, that is! I received the following email from one of our fellow DBC reps today and couldn't wait to share with you all!
=====================================

Hey Ronna!

My name is Amy and I wanted to share a DB moment with you. I ordered a CD last week from former Nashville Star winner Brad Cotter. I received it in the mail yesterday and as I was looking over it, a familiar name jumped right out at me. It was our president! Dierks
co-wrote a song with Steve Boggard and Brett Beavers called “I Sing For Free,” and Brad recorded it on his current album. I just thought that you would be interested in hearing about it. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Amy (Thegreshams)


Thanks so much for sharing Amy! It's a great song! I hope Brad releases it as a single!

4 comments:

  1. I read something somewhere (a review of the CD, maybe?) that mentioned "I Sing for Free" as a possible single. I think it would great! And more exposure for Dierks! Weee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh can't wait to hear it"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great song, I heard Dierks sing it twice and really wanted him to record it. It perfectly represents him, it IS him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that song and saw him preform it live a couple of times last year...so glad someone recorded it and Amy shared this story! very cool...

    ReplyDelete