Tuesday, April 20, 2010

EARLY DEBUT FOR UP ON THE RIDGE


I know it's hard to read those quotes (taken from this week's Billboard Country Update -- front page!), so allow me to share them with you:

Travis Daily, WFUS, Tampa, FL - "I know people were skeptical when they heard 'Bluegrass lean' on the next CD. This is not sitting on a front porch with a Jug and a Washboard. It's taking one of the key roots of this format and making it cool to a generation that has no idea who Del McCoury is ... but will want to after hearing this CD."

John Sebastian, WWQM, Madison, WI - "What a refreshing change for Dierks. I love the feel of this song and it has hooks coming at you from several directions!"

Dave Taft, WBCT, Grand Rapids, MI - "Not only are listeners asking for it ... my DJs are requesting it."

"Up on the Ridge," the debut single from the upcoming album of the same name, was sent to radio stations across the US last Monday, April 12th. Its official "add" date is not until next Monday, the 26th, however enough Program and/or Music Directors liked what they heard to get the song an early debut at #59 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart this week! Not only that, but it was the 4th most-added song at radio this week, and has been in the top 5 for downloads at Country Radio every day since last Tuesday.

So there you go, Congress, we've got a head start for this one. Keep on calling, texting, emailing, and tweeting your radio stations -- the faster the song goes Top 40, the faster more of us will get to hear it, too! Let's prove to everybody that good ole' Country-roots music still has a place on Country radio!

And congrats and good luck to our Prez, Mr. Bentley himself, on the start of his Up on the Ridge Tour tomorrow in Portland! I can't wait to hear the stories from these shows, and will be definitely sharing my own next week after I see him in Greenville, SC!

I'll talk to y'all next week with the next chart update! It's good to be back. :)

~ Carrie S. (DBC Rep/Chart Reporter ~ NC)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Carrie! Thanks for an awesome debut chart blog for UOTR! Travis's quote made me all teary-eyed! That's my home town Tampa DJ! Uh, um...Vgirl? What say you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he has really hit the groung running! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I'm loving "Up on the Ridge"! The Highway on Sirius has played it a few times but haven't heard it on local radio yet. I'm requesting! :) It was amazing live when I heard it at Purdue!

    ReplyDelete