Tuesday, June 2, 2009

DANCING NOT IN THE STARS FOR DIERKS

I think it's been mentioned before that Dierks was asked to be on the very first episode of Dancing With The Stars. We all know he didn't accept the offer, but now GACTV.com tells us exactly what he told them...

June 2, 2009 — Chuck Wicks, Julianne Hough and Billy Ray Cyrus have all participated in "Dancing With The Stars," but there are a number of country stars who’ve nixed the idea, too. LeAnn Rimes passed because she was too busy, Trace Adkins said no because he wasn’t interested, and Dierks Bentley turned it down because he’d rather do what he does best.

"There’s a reason why I play guitar," Dierks told the national radio show GAC Nights: Live From Nashville. "I have no dance moves. I was asked to be on the first season of ‘Dancing With The Stars,’ and whether I wanted to or not, it was like, ‘Ah, sorry. There’s just no hope for me. I don’t care if you get the best trainer in the world.’ There’s a reason why I picked up the guitar to meet girls: Dancing was never gonna work. I do a really bad version of ‘The Running Man,’ but after that, it’s pretty bad."

No comments:

Post a Comment