Thursday, June 25, 2009

SIDEWAYS CHART UPDATE - JUNE 25TH

Well, I guess everybody calls it wrong sometimes ... "Sideways" is, in fact, still #3 on Billboard's Hot Country Singles chart this week. I thought for sure "Out Last Night" was going to drop off, but I forgot to take into account that not every radio station reports to Mediabase 24/7 (where I get my updates). Forgive me, Congress ...

Based on the radio stations that *do* report to Mediabase, "Sideways" is closing in on the Zac Brown Band's "Whatever it Is," bit by bit (play by play?). The reporting I see is similar to this:

Zac Brown Band Whatever it Is (# of plays this week) ( # + or - since last week)
Dierks Bentley Sideways (# of plays this week) (# + or - since last week)

I pay attention not only to the # of plays this week, but also how much the songs are moving. Over the past couple of days, I was getting nervous. ZBB was increasing by much, much more than "Sideways," so I was starting to get an uneasy feeling that our efforts were going unnoticed -- or that people were just plain getting tired of their DJs playing nothin' slow. But today I'm a bit more confident since "Sideways" moved up 122 plays to ZBB's 155. Yes, I realize they're still outpacing Dierks, but it's significantly closer than it had been earlier in the week.

So. We can still do this! You know what to do ... call, text, or email your radio stations (especially if you're in Texas -- they seem to be lagging back with "Sideways!"), visit Yes.com ... however you can do it, let your voice be heard and make sure people know that you came to rock (in your blue jeans and white tank top, naturally!).

Also, would anybody be interested if I made a list of the specific stations that have "Sideways" below the top 3 on their playlists, so we know which particular stations need a bit of nudging? Comment if you'd be interested.

And one final note, I apologize in advance if Saturday's chart update is delayed -- I'm having LASIK tomorrow and I'm not 100% sure when I'll be able to successfully go online this weekend. But you'll be hearing from me soon ...


~ Carrie (DBC Rep/Chart Reporter from North Carolina)

4 comments:

  1. I would like to see that chart. Best of luck with the Lasik!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Carrie! Thanks so much--we'll let you slide one day to get your Lasik surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're working so hard....what's up?! OK I will keep on the e-mail to my fav DJ! Thanks Carrie for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I surveyed about 30 stations on yes.com earlier, and geographically speaking ... Texas, Northern California, Oregon, the Kansas City region, and Birmingham are killing Sideways. So if you're in one of those areas or know somebody who is, tell them to get on it. ;) (Birmingham surprises me since he was there this weekend. Strange!)

    A third of the stations I looked at have ZBB at #1 and Dierks below #3.

    I will try to work on a more comprehensive list soon! :)

    And thanks for the well-wishes! I'm soooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete